Who we are
27 citizens, 8 Community Organizations, and 43 Industrial Facilities representing a cross section of the communities of La Porte, Morgan's Point, and Shoreacres.
January 12, 2023
Check back for meeting topic information!
Did you know...?
That a division of the US Department of Health and Human Services produces a fact sheet that serves as a quick and easy guide to understand hazardous substances. For a little more information, please click the button below.
OPENING FOR FACILITATION ASSOCIATE
The Citizen’s Advisory Council to La Porte Industry, called “the C-A-C,” is seeking a CAC Facilitation Associate with strong project, time management, and writing skills. The CAC meets monthly to facilitate constructive dialogue about environment, safety, and other plant-related issues among those who live or work in the Bayshore cities and the managers of 43 chemical plants in La Porte. A successful candidate will fit the profile below. Those interested should contact lead facilitator Diane Sheridan to request details and an application at email@example.com or 281-326-5253. Leave message if needed. Application, resume, and a writing sample are due by Fri. Nov. 18, 2022 to Sheridan.
Successful Candidate Profile
- 4-year degree
- Previous experience that illustrates that you have the skills below:
- Project and time management skills because this job has many moving parts.
- Technical writing skills because most presentations are about chemicals and industry processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills so you are understood by community members without expertise in the subject matter.
- At least intermediate level Excel skills because you will prepare annual emissions and safety reports with many categories of data from 43 plants.
- Data interpretation skills.
- Event organization expertise because you will help set up 9+ meetings a year that include dinner for 65+ attendees and varying venues.
- The ability to act neutral in a group that deliberately brings together people with different backgrounds and views about industry.
- Time to devote to a part-time job of 25-30 hours per month. Work occurs at various times during many days of the month, so it is not feasible for someone with a full-time job.
- Availability to attend monthly meetings from approximately 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. on 1st Tuesdays except for June and July. January date may vary due to holidays (Jan. 12 in 2023).
- November 1, 2022-- Updates on Significant Events in 2021 at LyondellBasell La Porte, Dow Bayport, and Lubrizol Deer Park
- October 5, 2022-- Update on La Porte Education Foundation. Return the Sticky Dots: Brainstorming and Prioritizing Meeting Topics for 2023
- September 6, 2022-- Annual Report on Emissions from CAC Plants
- August 2, 2022-- Improving Emergency Communications with the Community: CAC Advice for Plants and City on Methods and Messages that Work Best
- May 3, 2022-- EHCMA's New Strategic Plan, with a Focus on Its Community Aspects
- April 5, 2022-- How the 3 Cities Respond to Major Industry Events: Who Does What?