Who we are
Building a true partnership between the petrochemical industry and community in La Porte, Morgan's Point, and Shoreacres.
- Open, honest dialogue makes plant members aware of what the community expects of them. It helps community members understand what plants do and how they work.
- Industry shares its operating philosophy with the community, so the community can assess industry performance and work with industry to bring about changes to improve the quality of life in the Bayshore communities.
- The primary issues we address are environment, safety, health, security, emergency response and communications, and hazardous materials transportation. We also discuss other quality of life issues like the economy and education.
- Individuals who live or work in La Porte, Morgan’s Point, and Shoreacres.
- Representatives of organizations and government entities serving those cities.
- Industry members include the major petrochemical industry facilities in La Porte, Texas.
The LPCAC Membership Directory lists names and additional information about our community and industry members.
If you are interested in joining the CAC, please contact our facilitator.
- LPCAC held its first meeting in February 1990 and celebrated its 30th anniversary in February 2020.
- In 1997, LPCAC began keeping a paragraph-a-meeting history of activities, meeting topics, tours, and speakers. See LPCAC History.