- March 7, 2023-- Annual Report on Worker Safety. Summary.
- February 7, 2023-- Meet the New Agency Night: Gulf Coast Protection District & San Jacinto Regional Flood Planning Group. Summary. Gulf Coast Protection District Slides. San Jacinto Regional Flood Planning Group Slides.
- January 12, 2023- Annual Update on the State of the Plants and Electrical Grid Update: What Plants Have Done to Improve their Resiliency. Summary.
- November 1, 2022- Updates on Significant Events in 2021 at LyondellBasell La Porte, Dow Bayport, and Lubrizol Deer Park. Summary
- October 5, 2022- Update on La Porte Education Foundation. Return of the Sticky Dots: Brainstorming and Prioritizing Meeting Topics for 2023. Summary.
- September 6, 2022-- Annual Report on Emissions from CAC plants. Summary. HRM 2021 Air Quality Trends
- August 2, 2022-- Improving Emergency Communications with Community. Summary
- May 3, 2022-- EHCMA's New Strategic Plan, with a Focus on Its Community Aspects. Summary. Slides.
Have you heard about...?
Rice University's Severe Storm Prediction, Education, & Evacuation from Disasters Center (SSPEED)
The mission of SSPEED is to educate the Gulf Coast region by increasing governmental and public awareness of the risks associated with severe storms and hurricanes.
The Center has secured new funding for research studies for the Galveston Bay Park Plan (GBPP) that will include: barrier design, project program development, computer modeling of GBPP and Oyster Reef Research and Mitigation. The GBPP is a regional multi-functional facility providing flood surge protection, recreational opportunities enhanced environmental conditions, improved operational safety for Houston Ship Channel, and improved fish and wildlife. The project works in collaboration with the Coastal Spine.
Check out their website for further information.